Limited laptops may be checked-out from Ellender Library.
Items can be checked out from and returned to the Access Services desk on the 2nd floor whenever Ellender Library is open. Do NOT use the book drop boxes when returning items.
ELLENDER MEMORIAL LIBRARY LAPTOPS & EQUIPMENT CHECKOUT AGREEMENT
Please read the following information carefully before signing. This agreement must be signed and initialed before any equipment may be checked out. This agreement is binding for one academic year and will expire on the first day of each fall semester.
- Only Nicholls students and faculty with a current Nicholls ID and library record in good standing may check out laptops and equipment. (No fines, blocks on record, etc.)
- Borrowing is on a first-come-first-served basis.
- All laptops and equipment may be borrowed for 3 days (72 hours). Exceptions will be made for out of town presentations.
- In order to renew a laptop, the Access Services desk must have at least two other laptops
available for student use.
- All items only have ONE consecutive renewal.
- Do not add, delete, or alter computer hardware, software or settings.
- All equipment must be present to check in item. If any equipment is missing, the item will stay on your record until every piece is returned. PLEASE NOTE: Fines are not waived for overdue
equipment caused by missing items.
- Overdue fines of $5 per hour with a $40 max will be charged if equipment is not returned following the 24-hr grace period. Following the grace period, equipment will be considered missing and your University Fee Bill will be charged for the replacement costs.
- While equipment is in your possession, you are responsible for it at all times. You may not loan it to anyone else. DO NOT LEAVE EQUIPMENT UNATTENDED.
- If the equipment is lost, stolen or damaged while checked out in your name, you accept full
responsibility and agree to reimburse Ellender Library for the full cost of repairing or replacing laptops and equipment. If the exact model is no longer available, replacement costs will be the actual price of a similar laptop or accessory in terms of quality, durability, and performance.
- Equipment may not be used in violation of the law or policies of Nicholls State University.