Tutorial and Academic Enhancement Center:
To schedule tutoring appointments, email email@example.com.
For writing appointments, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone messages left at 985-448-4100 will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Students may also visit our web page at nicholls.edu/tutoring for online resources.
ACCUPLACER (placement testing) is now being offered remotely through Zoom
In order to participate in remote testing and before scheduling a test, you will need to do the following:
- Go to the Zoom website, download and install Zoom: CLICK HERE.
- Check that Zoom was set up correctly by clicking the following link: CLICK HERE. Please use the option to join with video.
- Check that your computer can run ACCUPLACER by CLICKING HERE.
If you completed items 1 through 3 successfully, you should be able to test remotely. When you are ready to schedule placement tests, email email@example.com or call 985-493-2596. If you are entering Nicholls in the fall, you do have the option to wait until on-campus operations resume. However, a date for the resumption of campus activities has not yet been determined.
Transfer Student Resource Center: The processes of evaluating transcripts for both transfer students and prospective transfer students continue. As transcript evaluations are being completed, departmental advisors and students are being notified. Inquiries should be emailed to either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Phone messages left at 985-448-4462 will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Academic Advising Center
Freshman advising appointments may still be scheduled by either emailing advisors directly or firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone messages left at 985-448-4117 will be responded to as quickly as possible. Advisors will contact students through their preferred method of contact; either phone, email, or Zoom/Google Meet. Students will receive follow-up emails which will include all appropriate advising documents.
Dual Enrollment classes are being continued remotely.
Dual Enrollment inquiries should be emailed to email@example.com.
Phone messages left at 985-448-4117 will be responded to as quickly as possible.
The University Counseling Center is still available to students, faculty and staff.
We are offering both in person and teletherapy appointments. For a teletherapy appointment all you need is a webcam and internet to participate. Leave a message on our phone line at 985.448.4080 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Someone will contact during normal business hours to help you get set-up for an appointment.
Fall and Spring Semester:
Monday through Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Thursday and Friday: 8:oo a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Mask is required to enter our office. Please call us at 985-493-2600 (leave a voicemail if no answer), or contact us via email at email@example.com, to screen and/or schedule an appointment. We may be responding through email or phone calls from an unknown number. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
Financial aid is always available to your family – whether you’re a new or a continuing student. Our knowledgeable financial aid counselors are here to help you navigate the financial aid application process. And if you have any questions- just ask us. We’re here to help.
Financial aid alternatives available are in the form of grants, scholarships, loans and employment opportunities. Regardless of income, residence or academic credentials, students should apply for financial aid. Some students who believe they are ineligible for assistance learn that they are eligible.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.gov.
GET MORE INFORMATION ON:
Limited laptops may be checked-out from Ellender Library.
Items can be checked out from and returned to the Access Services desk on the 2nd floor whenever Ellender Library is open. Do NOT use the book drop boxes when returning items.
ELLENDER MEMORIAL LIBRARY LAPTOPS & EQUIPMENT CHECKOUT AGREEMENT
Please read the following information carefully before signing. This agreement must be signed and initialed before any equipment may be checked out. This agreement is binding for one academic year and will expire on the first day of each fall semester.
- Only Nicholls students and faculty with a current Nicholls ID and library record in good standing may check out laptops and equipment. (No fines, blocks on record, etc.)
- Borrowing is on a first-come-first-served basis.
- All laptops and equipment may be borrowed for 7 days. Exceptions will be made for out of town presentations.
- In order to renew a laptop, the Access Services desk must have at least two other laptopsavailable for student use.
- All items only have ONE consecutive renewal.
- Do not add, delete, or alter computer hardware, software or settings.
- All equipment must be present to check in item. If any equipment is missing, the item will stay on your record until every piece is returned. PLEASE NOTE: Fines are not waived for overdue
equipment caused by missing items.
- While equipment is in your possession, you are responsible for it at all times. You may not loan it to anyone else. DO NOT LEAVE EQUIPMENT UNATTENDED.
- If the equipment is lost, stolen or damaged while checked out in your name, you accept full
responsibility and agree to reimburse Ellender Library for the full cost of repairing or replacing laptops and equipment. If the exact model is no longer available, replacement costs will be the actual price of a similar laptop or accessory in terms of quality, durability, and performance.
- Equipment may not be used in violation of the law or policies of Nicholls State University.